All my recipes on this blog are vegetarian and written out as a single serving using 21-Day Fix measurements (except for the Instant Pot recipes). I would definitely suggest doubling or quadrupling the recipes and then just dividing up the portions into 2-4 containers and then freezing them for easy access!
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
1 serving = 1 yellow, 1/2 green, 1 tsp
1/4 cup of dry, old-fashioned oats (cooks up to 1 yellow container)
1/4 green container of chopped onions
1/4 green container of chopped vegetables (carrots, green beans)
1 small green chili pepper, slit
1/8 tsp chopped ginger
1/8 tsp mustard seeds
1/8 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp garam masala
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp olive oil
pinch hing (asafoetida)
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp lemon juice
Cilantro for garnish
1. Heat the oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, add the ginger, cumin, garam masala, mustard seeds and hing and heat until spices are fragrant.
2. Add the green chili, onions, garlic and vegetables. Cover and cook until they are soft.
3. Add the old fashioned oats and 1/4 cup water and the salt. Mix everything well, cover and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
How to eat this: It tastes great alone or with a side of yogurt for 1 red container! I also like to mix in tomatoes for an extra tartness, which completes my green container.
Monday, January 11, 2016
For vegetarians: 1 serving = 1 Green, 1 Purple, 2 reds, 1 tsp
For non-vegetarians: 1 serving = 1 Green, 1 Purple, 2 yellows (use yellow containers to measure beans and lentils instead of red), and 1 tsp
1/4 Green container Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
1/4 Green container Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
1/4 Green Poblano pepper (roasted on stovetop & charred skin removed, chopped)
1/2 Green container Yellow Onion (chopped)
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 purple container tomato sauce (plain)
1 red container kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup water
1 red container red lentils, cooked
1 tsp olive oil
1. In a large pot heat the olive oil and sautee yellow onion, red and both green peppers. Cook until slightly softened and then toss in chili powder and garlic powder.
2. Add in tomato sauce, kidney beans (rinsed and drained), water, and red lentils. Stir to combine.
3. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat. Simmer, covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add black pepper and salt to taste. Heat through and serve.
5. Serve with a dollop of non-fat plain Greek yogurt, salsa, shredded cheese, parsley and chives on top! If you add the cheese, make sure to account for the blue container!