All my recipes on this blog are vegetarian and written out as a single serving using 21-Day Fix measurements (except for the Instant Pot recipes). I would definitely suggest doubling or quadrupling the recipes and then just dividing up the portions into 2-4 containers and then freezing them for easy access!
Sunday, February 14, 2016
Tofu Kathi Rolls
1 serving = 1 yellow (for 1 of the parathas), 1.5 red, 1 green
For the filling:
1 Red container tofu, cubed
1/2 Green container red onion, sliced
1/2 Green container tomatoes, chopped
1/2 Red container plain Greek yogurt
1/4 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp chaat masala
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp minced ginger
1/4 tsp minced garlic
For the chutney:
1 bunch cilantro
1 cup mint leaves
2 cloves garlic
1 green chili
salt and lemon juice to taste
For the parathas (wraps):
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Cook the tofu in a pan with coconut oil spray until cubes are golden brown.
2. In a bowl, combine the yogurt, chili powder, turmeric, chaat masala, garam masala, salt, ginger and garlic. Add in the tomatoes and cooked tofu and mix well so that all the tofu is coated with the sauce. Allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes.
3. In a pan, cook the sliced onions in some coconut oil spray until they are soft. Then add in the tofu mixture and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. To make the parathas, combine the flour, water and olive oil in a bowl and knead into a soft dough, adding water as needed. Divide the dough into approximately 6 equal portions. Roll out each portion into about a 9-inch diameter circle. Heat the pan with some cooking spray and cook each paratha lightly on both sides.
5. To make the chutney, blend all of the ingredients together.
6. To assemble the wrap, scoop some of the tofu mixture into the middle of the paratha and top with some chutney. Roll it up and enjoy! If it is too much filling for one paratha, you can always eat just the filling on the side as well. If you end up using 2 parathas, then you will have to count it as 2 yellows!