All my recipes on this blog are vegetarian and written out as a single serving using 21-Day Fix measurements (except for the Instant Pot recipes). I would definitely suggest doubling or quadrupling the recipes and then just dividing up the portions into 2-4 containers and then freezing them for easy access!

Friday, August 21, 2015

Chana Masala (Chick Peas Curry)

For vegetarians: 1 Red, 0.5 Purple, 0.5 Green, 1 tsp
For non-vegetarians: 1 Yellow, 0.5 Purple, 0.5 Green, 1 tsp

INGREDIENTS
1 red container chick peas, washed and drained
1/2 green container onions, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp coriander/cumin powder
1/2 tsp hardar (turmeric powder)
2 tsp chole masala
1 tsp coconut oil

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Heat oil in a pan and add onion and garlic.  Cook until onions are translucent.

2. Stir in the tomato paste and about 1/2 cup of water and mix until it has a sauce-like consistency.  Add water as needed to keep it at that consistency.

3.  Add in the coriander/cumin powder, turmeric powder and chole masala.

4.  Add the chick peas and mix everything together.  Cover the pot with a lid and let simmer for about 10 minutes.  Serve with whole wheat naan or pita or over brown rice (1 Yellow).

Ways I like to eat this:

I put it on a plate with some plain greek yogurt on the side and a side of raw onions and tomatoes.  I take a little bit of each component in a spoon and eat it up!  This way, I don't have any carbs in this meal, and I can save my Yellows for something else!

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic! Thank you!! :) I can't wait to look through your other recipes. I've very much missed Indian food on 21DF, and this blog looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete